Labels

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review: Benefit You Rebel Lite

Hey guys!! I just uploaded a first impressions video on a new product I picked up: Benefit's You Rebel Lite tinted moisturizer.


Now that I have had this product for a few weeks here are my thoughts on it overall:

I really do like this product. I would probably give it 3 out of 5 stars. It glides on nicely (although sometimes it does kind of gather around my brows and that annoying space between them above my nose if I forget to blend really well). The way I have ended up applying it is by using my fingers to buff it on (you need the littlest bit. It is a thick product). After that I take my foundation brush and just buff it slightly, particularly in areas where face products seem to gather. I really like using it in conjunction with my Benefit Erase Paste under it on my under eyes and blemishes because that gives me great coverage and then this gives me a nice color and finish.

While we are on the subject of color, I do like the color on this one. It matches my skin well, maybe a wee bit tanner which is kind of nice in these cooler months so long as I blend it onto my neck as well. And then the other big downside of this is the coverage; it has fairly minimal coverage and will not do well if you have active acne or even bad scarring.

Like I said, my favorite part of this product is the finish. It goes on quite moist and then I will set it with a powder. It never looks too matte, and as the day goes on it actually gets nice and dewy and fresh looking. I would steer way clear of this if you do have oily skin, because it is so moist. I do not think I will be using it in the warmer months, but I love it now because my skin is seriously dry and this product looks better on it than anything else I have tried.

This is a nice product, especially for day to day. I do switch to something like Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation when I need a little extra coverage or something. As far as the price tag, it is pretty high, and to be honest I am still undecided on whether I would pay for it again. I do like it more now than when I filmed the initial review, but that is a lot of money for a tinted moisturizer. I think before I buy it again, I would try some drugstore options, since I have not really and see if they are as good, or at least close enough to be a much better purchase.

Anyways, I hope you found this review helpful, and if you want to see me apply this head over to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r9UYpLdoZ0

Thanks for reading!
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment